Turning and Care Instructions:
To insure your warranty and the normal life and comfort for your mattress, turn your mattress either head to foot, or flip over top to bottom every two weeks for the first 3 months. The materials are brand new and even though we use the most resilient materials available, it is important to break in the mattress as evenly as possible. After the first 3 months, turn your mattress every month or two. Do not pull hard on the handles. They are there to give aid in positioning the mattress on the box spring. Also, never bend an innerspring mattress more than 22 degrees. It can easily ruin the mattress.
If the freight arrives and the contents are visibly damaged, refuse the order and contact Royal-Pedic at (800) 487-6925, or e-mail [email protected] so they can get a replacement mattress made and sent out as soon as possible. Also, please contact us at [email protected] or 707-570-0408 so we can confirm your replacement is sent as well.
If you accept the freight and sign off on the freight bill presented by the delivery person, you are considered to have accepted the product in good condition, and cannot request a replacement mattress if you later see damage. Any damage claims after acceptance of the shipment will not be honored because the freight companies will not take responsibility for product in a customer's home after it has been delivered, inspected, installed, and signed off by the customer which releases the freight company from any further liability.
Cancellations or Refusal of Shipment
Royal-Pedic mattresses are custom made and are not returnable/refundable for any reason. No cancellations are allowed after the order is placed. No refunds will be processed if shipment is refused by the customer for any reason (other than freight damage) and return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer.
Mattress, Box Spring, and Pillowtop Pad
Non-Prorated Limited Warranty and Care Instructions
Royal-Pedic Mattress Manufacturing, LLC warranties its mattresses and box springs to the original consumer purchaser for a non pro-rated period of ten years from the date of purchase against material defects and workmanship. Pillowtop pads are warranted for a non pro-rated period of 5 years.
At Royal-Pedic's option, the warranted item will be repaired or replaced. Royal-Pedic reserves the right to substitute material of equal quality. Repair or replacement does not extend the original period of limited warranty, nor does it constitute the beginning of a new limited warranty period. All transportation charges and packaging are the responsibility of the consumer. For easy identification, do not remove the white law labels or the product name labels.
- Mattress(s) purchased without the appropriate matching new box spring when said mattress is used on another box spring that the customer may already have.
- Firmness preference of the mattress.
- Normal body impressions of up to 2" in the padding material.
- Handles or grommets pulling out. Handles are meant to minimally assist in positioning the mattress on the box spring. Pulling too hard on the handles can cause the border fabric to tear, as well as damage the spring unit.
- Mattresses and/or box springs that are sold "as-is" or "floor models" older than one year from original ship date.
Warranty will be voided for obvious abuse, support, or improper care/maintenance:
- Improper center support. Queen or king size mattresses and box springs must be supported by a sturdy center rail that will prevent the mattress from caving in.
- Inadequate turning of the mattress. According to the mattress industry, for optimum comfort and mattress life span the mattress should be rotated either head to foot, or turned over once a month.
- Broken box spring bases or bent mattress innerspring border wires, folding the innerspring mattress in half, or even significantly bending it can damage the mattress beyond repair. Movers are notorious for bending mattresses in half. Remind movers to be very careful not to bend your mattress more than just a little.
- Burns, soils, or stains. We cannot repair a mattress if it is returned in unsanitary condition.
- Excessive body weight.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: For optimum use and longevity, turn mattress head to foot one month, flip it over the next month. Only use handles minimally when positioning mattress on box spring. Do not carry the mattress with the handles. Use a mattress pad for sanitary protection of mattress and pillowtop pad. Even though Royal-Pedic utilizes the most resilient materials available, King size mattresses and/or pillowtop pads with quilted surfaces may break in unevenly as two people sleep on either side of the middle 4 - 8 inches of the mattress. The result may appear as a small hump in the middle. We recommend laying in the middle of the mattress some of the time, especially when the materials are new. The materials will break in more evenly, resulting in a more consistently level sleeping surface.
Royal-Pedic will not be liable for consequential or incidental damages resulting from the use of any of its products. The term of duration of this limited warranty shall not be exceeded by any applicable implied warranties. Your rights under state law may vary: Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of consequential or incidental damages, and/or the duration of implied warranties. You may have additional rights depending upon your state. No implied or expressed warranties (including implied warranties or merchantability and fitness) are extended to any person who purchases any of these products from any source other than Royal-Pedic Mattress Manufacturing, LLC or its authorized dealers/designers.