AllergyCare™ Organic Cotton Mattress Encasing
Organic cotton mattress covers. Made from SKAL, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) and Oeko-Tex certified fabric, the AllergyCare™ organic cotton dust mite barrier fabric is the most natural product available for dust-mite protection. Green, Non-Toxic, and Eco-Friendly bedding.
AllergyCare organic cotton mattress covers can be used over any mattress, new or not so new. For older serviceable hand-me-down mattresses a dust mite cover is especially called for.
Organic means you and your family are not being exposed to any harsh chemicals or toxins. No Chemicals, dyes or any added treatments whatsoever have been used on the covers. Just organic cotton! Perfect bed care cover for people who suffer from MCS or have sensitive skin and babies.
Benefits and Features
- 100% GOTS Certified: This mattress cover is made from organic cotton. No added chemicals or treatments.
- Quality: 280 thread count tightly woven to 5.3 microns and laboratory tested to assure that the weave does not separate with use.
- Allergen & Dust Mite-Proof: It’s designed for people with dust and allergen sensitivity.
- Cool & Comfy: An average pore size of 4.91 microns and a 280-thread count help to keep you cool.
- Fully Zippered Cover: It has heavy-gauge nylon zipper tread and rust-proof metal zipper pulls.
- Made to Last: All covers are sewn with a double stitch and at least 12 stitches/inch.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Like all products made from cotton, your cover will shrink when washed and dried the first time. Don’t worry, that has been taken into consideration and the covers are made a bit bigger. They will not be too small after they have been washed.
Natural Cream Color. The organic cotton has not been dyed or processed so the natural cotton pigments can cause color variations.
Easy Care Instructions
Machine wash hot water up to 140°. Do not use any chlorine bleach. Machine dry on medium setting. Special Note: Cover must be completely dry before putting on mattresses or pillows.
Please note: all sizes available in 9″, 12″, 15″ and 18″ depths.
Twin 39″ x 75″
Twin XL 39″ x 80″
Full 54″ x 75″
Queen 60″ x 80″
King 78″ x 80″
Cal King 72″ x 84″
Commonly Asked Questions About Organic Cotton Mattress Covers
Do I need to wash the mattress cover first?
No. You can, but is not necessary. None of the organic fabrics used are treated with any chemicals or antimicrobial coatings. Please note that washed bedding is not accepted for returns unless is defective.
Do I need to clean my mattress before putting on the cover?
No. You can vacuum the mattress, but it is not necessary. If you choose to spray the mattress with anti-allergen spray or steam clean, make sure the mattress is completely dry before you put on the new cover.
How often do I need to wash the cover?
It is recommended that you wash the mattress cover once or twice a year. Pillow covers may be washed a bit more often (about every 4-6 weeks). It is important that sheets and pillowcases be washed weekly.
Does the cover need to fit tightly on the mattress?
No. It is best if the cover fits loosely. If the cover fits snugly, the mattress may feel stiff and the seams and zippers will be stressed.
I have a mattress pad. Is it better to put the pad on top of the cover or put the pad on the mattress and cover them both?
In most cases it is recommended that you cover both the pad and the mattress with the cover. This way you don’t have to remember to wash the mattress pad.
How do I measure the depth of my mattress?
Using a tape measure or ruler measure from the bottom, where it rests on the box spring, to the top of the mattress. If you have a pillowtop mattress or topper, a memory foam pad, or other mattress pad that you want to encase along with your mattress, include this in the total height measurement.
How do you put a mattress cover on?
- Remove the blankets and sheets.
- Slide the mattress down towards the foot of the bed and stand it up. If you have a footboard, slide it to the side and stand it up.
- Position cover on the top side of the mattress and work it about halfway down the mattress.
- Lay the mattress back down and finish pulling the cover-up and zip closed.
- Put on a clean set of sheets and enjoy a great night’s rest.