Organic Wool Comforter
Pure, Organic, Sustainable and Luxuriously Comfortable
Provide your family with safe, luxurious comfort and a healthy nights rest. The Organic Wool Comforter provides perfect year-round comfort and regulates body temperature keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer.
Experience Organic Merino Wool!
Sleep & Beyond Organic Merino Wool Comforters are filled with exclusive USDA and WOOLMARK Certified Organic Superfine Merino Wool and covered in pure Certified Organic Cotton Sateen 400 thread count. The organic cotton is OKO TEX 100 & GOTS Certified to ensure the fabric is free of any toxins.
- Exclusive quilting patterns eliminate the wool batting from shifting
- Naturally resistant to dust mites, mold and mildew
- Hand filled with WoolGanique™ – Sleep & Beyond’s exclusive USDA & WOOLMARK certified organic superfine merino wool fiber
- Covered in luxurious certified organic cotton sateen, weaved in 400TC
- Regulate body temperature – Warm in the winter, cool in the summer.
- Chemical free – No MCS (multiple chemical sensitivities) concerns with this comforter
- Naturally flame resistant
- Economical – Experience four seasons in one comforter! Great for all year comfort.
- Packaged in eco – friendly organic cotton bag with drawstrings for easy product storage
This comforter comes in a natural Ivory color.
- Crib 35 x 53″ 1.5 lbs of Merino wool fill $149
- Twin 68 x 86″ 4 lbs of Merino wool fill $299
- Full/Queen 90 x 90″ 4.5 lbs of Merino wool fill $319
- King 102 x 90″ 5.5 lbs of Merino wool fill $339
Why Buy Organic Bedding from Healthy Child?
- Lowest Price Guarantee!
- Free Shipping on all Organic Bedding
- Extraordinary Customer Service
- Verified Secure Order Processing
- Research You Can Trust – Over 15 Years
- Experts in Non-Toxic Materials
- Support a Mom owned and operated American business
Free Shipping within the Contiguous US. Usually ships within 1-2 business days from California via UPS or Federal Express. We will email the tracking detail to you upon shipment.
Please contact us for orders shipping outside the Contiguous US.
What is WoolGanique™?
Organic sheep husbandry and wool production has a whole chain of rules and regulations set by NOP, the National Organic Program of USDA, that need to be strictly followed in order to have the wool fiber certified organic. Farmers commit to follow strict organic standards. Every year an independent certification organization accredited by USDA sends their inspector for testing of the organic sheep and their organic wool to assure NOP compliance.
WoolGanique™ is Sleep and Beyond’s exclusive certified organic merino wool fiber used as a filling for their Visonique™ collection. It is grown on merino sheep and is one of the finest, softest, and purest wool fibers available in the wool market.
WoolGanique™ practices are:
- Organic Feed – sheep must consume only organically grown feed (wheat, Lucerne, Festuca Sulcata, Pea Pratensis) that provide them with complete nutrition which naturally ensures high birth rate and finer wool fiber.
- Organic Animal Husbandry – farmers have a map with their land and pasture information where only a proportional number of sheep to land can be grazed to prevent overgrazing and its devastating effects. Housing and management must be appropriate to the behavioral needs of the sheep. Animals should receive daily amount of sunlight and have freedom of movement, which increases their immune system and keep them less vulnerable to diseases and infections.
- Veterinary Treatment – only a certain number of synthetic antibiotics are allowed by NOP. Use of synthetic hormones and genetic engineering is prohibited. Priority is given to natural veterinary practices.
- Organic Farm Management –use of pesticides and herbicides is prohibited on the pasture and grazing lands.
- Organic Traceability – whether it is organic feed, a newly born animal or shearing time, each step of production must be documented to assure its organic traceability.
- Independent Third Party Certification –Overall, the whole organic wool production chain must be certified by an independent third party certification agency accredited by USDA to have the wool fiber labeled as organic.
In addition to pasture and sheep monitoring, they send a sample of WoolGaniqueTM to WOOLMARK, an international independent and reputable certification agency for chemical testing in England.
When a product carries a WOOLMARK label you can be confident of quality, performance and value for your money. WOOLMARK guarantees fiber content and has provided quality assurance for over four decades and it’s an ongoing process.
Sleep and Beyond Certifications
- USDA Organic – Sleep and Beyond’s entire merino wool production is certified organic according to National Organic Program of USDA, by CERES, a reputable Germany based organization.
- WOOLMARK – WOOLMARK is recognized throughout the whole world as a symbol of high quality and reliability and specifies that the product exceeds the global standards for pure wool filling. Stringent testing for quality, chemical and oil content, and product performance must comply with the high standards set by WOOLMARK before a manufacturer can apply WOOLMARK label to its products.
- OKO-TEX 100 – OEKO-TEX 100 certification ensures that the cotton yarns used in Sleep and Beyond’s production are safe for infants and free of harmful chemicals and substances.
- GOTS – The cotton used by Sleep and Beyond is certified organic according to Global Organic Textile Standard by Control Union, one of the oldest and most reputable certification agencies.
- Fair Trade – Fair Trade Certification empowers farmers, investing in their farms and communities, protects the environment and enables them to effectively compete in the global marketplace.
- ISO 9000:2001 – Sleep and Beyond manufacturing units are ISO Certified for quality control management and environmentally friendly practices.
Recommended Product Care:
1) Washable organic duvet cover is strongly recommended for the comforters.
2) Regular sunning and airing is also great way to take care of our products. The sun will naturally revitalize and disinfect the bedding.
3) Do not machine wash or dry. Spot clean only with soft brush and mild detergent. Air dry completely before reusing.
4) Dry cleaning is not recommended due to the harsh chemicals involved in the process as well as the comforter might shrink and lose the original shape.
5 year warranty against manufacturing defects
Sleep & Beyond stands for 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
Due to the hypoallergenic nature of the products, bedding law regulations and our standards ~ items that have been opened, used, laundered are non-returnable.
Please contact us if you want to return an unopened, unused product within 2 weeks of receipt. 15% restocking fee will be charged for all returned items unless product is defective. Customer pays all shipping.